How to Begin a New Agile Software Development Project with Global IT Services
When using the Agile methodology for development of new software, it is critical to the success of the project that the working environments shall be created and maintained. Involvement of the stakeholder engagement and collaborative approach is also significant in building the necessary teamwork and trust in Agile projects.
To form long-lasting and productive relationships with our customers, we have developed an engagement model that consists of three basic stages:
At Global IT Services, new Agile software engagements always start with the following:
- Putting together a small team of three to five people, which is closely integrated with the customer team.
- Assembling the significant project infrastructure and time frames.
- To get an effective start for development of Agile software, the team involved will need immediate training and coaching
With Global IT Services we build mutual trust with our customers to deliver optimal results. We accomplish this mainly by:
- Putting together a dominant cross-functional team of Global IT Services representatives. Our team members each possess strong domain experience as well as advanced engineering knowledge and the ability to work at a steady, yet high-velocity pace.
- We assign a Product Owner to each customer account to provide the most effective, open, and real-time communication possible.
Grow and Scale
Upon gaining customer trust, we are able to grow and adapt to the project goals with efficiency and ease. We do this by:
- Focusing on product-centric development with stakeholder input.
- Forming teams with excellent domain and product knowledge expertise.
- Growing the number agile co-located and multi-site teams.
- Implementing scrum best practices such as joint meetings.
With Agile project management, teams own the process and work collaboratively in a culture of regular and open communication for each implementation. Operational transparency, combined with early and frequent progress updates, keep Agile practitioners in full control of the project and include adjustments to the project scope as needed.
Key Benefits of Global IT Service’s Approach to Agile Delivery
All Global IT Services practices and methodologies have repeatedly and predictably proven their efficiency in enterprises and product development. Yet we never cease improving our expertise to the benefit of our clients.
- Business Value Driven Prioritization — With Agile development, software functionality is prioritized and delivered according to the business value outlined by the company, enabling a faster realization of benefits and results.
- Paying for “DONE” Results Only — Developed functionality is regularly demonstrated during the project lifecycle and is only accepted when all conditions meet previously outlined benchmarks for completion.
- Addressing Project Delivery Risks Quickly — The shorter delivery cycles and reduced batch complexity associated with Agile development enable project risks to be easily revealed and quickly eliminated to meet the rapidly changing demands of the market.
- Full Client Control of the Project — Operational transparency combined with the iteration-based delivery feature guarantee a fully functional system at all times during the Agile engagement. This helps keep the client in full control of the project and enables stakeholders to painlessly change project scope and delivery milestones at any given time. It even allows for money-saving early project termination, should market conditions warrant.
- Cost Loss Reduction — Due to the complexity of requirements, the Agile development approach enables enterprises to decrease the instances of cost losses during the software development process.